For 80 years the Newtown Scholarship Association has been steadfast in its mission: to put a college education within reach for every high-school graduate from Newtown.
The Newtown Scholarship Association, Inc. invites all Newtown residents graduating from high school to apply for awards under their administration whether they attend public, private or parochial schools.
Each year our awards committee interviews an outstanding group of high school seniors. There is a review of scholastic information as well as activities and work history. Scholarships are awarded to those on the basis of the family’s financial need. A Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) report guides us in this determination.
Are you graduating in June 2017?
The Application for 2017 graduating seniors is available.
Applications for 2017 seniors should be completed and postmarked by April 1, 2017
- Newtown High School students: Please download the application from your Naviance account. You will also need to contact Mrs. Latowicki in the Career Center to assist you with the required letter of recommendation as well as schedule your interview.
- For Newtown residents not attending Newtown High School: Please download the application noted below. You may also need to contact your guidance or career office to assist you with the required letter of recommendation. Please also advise them of your signing of the application that gives permission of NSA to request your transcript/grade information.
Are you a Continuing Aid Scholarship Recipient?
Applications for Continuing Aid should be completed and postmarked by June 1, 2017
- This application is for students who are:
- Currently receiving a scholarship from NSA and would like to continue
- College students who are Newtown residents, and were residents of Newtown at the time of high school graduation, not currently a scholarship recipient but would now like to apply.
If you are not planning to return to school or have transferred schools, please advise the Awards Committee at NewtownScholarshipAwards@gmail.com.
All scholarship recipients are required to confirm they are returning to the same school for the second semester. Please confirm by November 15th with Treasurer, Glenn Nanavaty at email@example.com.
Scholarship Awards Committee
Julie Savino, Chair
Sherri Baggett, Assistant Chair